Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our past few days...

Josh got sick Friday night. Really yucky, puke AAALLLL night sick. Definitely the stomach flu. He was so miserable and I felt so bad for him. I did my very best to take care of him and take care of Morgan.

Then Sunday, after church the inevitable happened- I got that horrible pain in my stomach that wouldn't go away and I knew I was the next victim. I knew exactly what I was in for in seeing the horrible process with Josh. As I felt the pain gradually getting worse I tried to clean the kitchen- it was already in not-so-great shape and I knew once I got sick the house would turn gross fast. Josh was still weak and queasy from his bout.

Man, that stuff is horrible!

But that's not the worst part. A few hours after I started to feel gross and had thrown up a time or two, Josh had put Morgan to bed and went to the store to get the sicky goods- gatorade, ginger ale, and soup. Morgan had refused to eat his nighttime bottle but was SO tired, so Josh just put him to bed. Morgan hadn't stopped crying since Josh put him down but I was already in a pretty bad place so I was going to let Josh take care of him when he got home. Josh got home and opened the goobs' door, planning on trying the bottle again but he walked in to the poor guy covered in vomit. Probably the saddest thing EVER.

So, needless to say we've all been SO messed up the past few days. Sunday night was one of the worst nights of my life. Just plain horrible. It's just excruciating being completely helpless. Poor Morgan had never thrown up before (other than spit up) and he was pretty freaked out by it. Josh was SO good to him in his own weak state, comforting him and scooping him right up and holding him close as he was throwing up so he wouldn't be so scared. It was gross but it was truly one of the most tender things I've ever seen.

ANYWAYS.... we are all doing a little better. It seems to be passing though Morgan very quickly, which is good. His appetite still isn't fully back, and he's still tired from it all I think, but he's generally pretty playful and chipper.

I'm still feeling weak and it's super hard to eat, but I'm a little better than I was yesterday. I struggle in my non-sick pregnant state when I havent eaten in 2 hours, so not eating anything substantial for 1 1/2 days is bad news. I got pretty worried with the things my body was going through Sunday night, and how dehydrated I was, and called the on-call obgyn but he said the baby would just fine. I do fine with liquids now and am getting more hydrated, though I still can't eat much. I'm sure it will be a little better tomorrow. I've lost like 4 pounds, which is pretty scary. Josh has lost about 8! Eek.
So if you're looking to lose weight just come on over to our sickly home I guess... no. Don't do it. NOT worth it.

I was tempted to call a friend to help out or something Sunday night but I didn't want to risk getting anyone sick. It sure wasn't pretty in here...

Aside from all that SUPER miserable stuff the past couple days, there are a couple things in that time that I realized how lucky and grateful for I am:
- JOSH. What a man. He's worked so hard to take care of goobs and I, when he wasn't feeling great. Not to mention cleaning up the house when he could. It's times like this when I think about all the single moms out there and how rough it would be. I don't know if I'd be strong enough.
- A washer and dryer in our place. What an insane hassle would it be to lug mountains of nasty sheets, blankets and clothes somewhere? I've never been so grateful for our washer and dryer.

And there you have it. A probably too in-depth look at what's been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment