Friday, January 6, 2012

Doc Appointment

I had a second doctor's appointment on Wednesday. You really look forward to appointments when pregs- I mean not ALL aspects of them.. but the exciting outweighs the annoying/uncomfortable. Mainly they are great because you can hear that amazing heartbeat and KNOW that everything is alright. Especially at this point when you can't feel the little one move quite yet. It's always reassuring to hear that lovely sound.
It went really, really well. Blood pressure is great, they said my weight gain was great (although I cringe at my weight even though I've only gained like 2 or 3 pounds since being pregnant- I'm just starting off heavier than last time. By too much. My goal is to weigh the same as I did at the end of my last pregnancy at the end of this one. Does that make sense? I gained 40 lbs last pregnancy, hope to only gain 30 lbs this time. Anyways, hoping that sharing this will make me more comfortable with it!)
aaand the best part was the heartbeat.
Dr. B (he's great) got his little machine (a dopplar?) out and was genuinely surprised at how he could hear it as soon as he put the device on my belly and at how strong it was. He says he usually has to search for at least a few seconds to find the heartbeat at 13 weeks and that it was very strong and very healthy. It was just really nice to hear.

February 9th we get to find out the gender!! Yay!! SO excited for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment