Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Sickies and Me

What a day. Josh and Morgan were both sick today.

Josh has been sick since Sunday- the sore throat, runny nose, and day of fever thing. Then just yesterday Morgan seemed to catch the bug all the sudden and the poor guy had a fever all day long today, and SUCH a runny nose. I've never seen it pour out like that... (it isn't as gross because he's a baby, right? I won't go into any details of Josh's body fluid excretions.) This is the first time he's ever had a fever and I must say, I've been dreading this day since the guy was born. There's just only so much you can do for a sick baby- it's just so sad. It's heartbreaking to pick up the little guy and feel the heat radiating off of him. Luckily the fever is down now and he feels much more normal.

I just think about when I have a fever and sometimes you feel so cold even though you're burning up, and you want to bundle up, other times you feel way too hot. And there are other things you want and need but you can do them for yourself or ask someone to help you out. I pretty much have NO idea what would be the very best thing for the boy, so I have to guess and try everything. And it's fairly exhausting. But that's how it goes.

I feel like Morgan was a trooper with how gross he must have felt. Josh and I could still get him to play and to smile even though he wasn't quite himself. The biggest issue for him was definitely getting sleep. He didn't sleep for more that 20 minutes all day. I THINK he's finally asleep now. Like, just now. Poor guy.

I feel like I'm doomed to Josh and Morgan's fate, but we shall see. Is it possible not to get it? Probably, but I wasn't like OCD careful about not getting their germs, so... I probably will.

I think my throat is already starting to hurt :S... or is it all in my head because I expect it? We'll see.

Here is a happy Mommy and Morgie moment from today:

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awww i love it HP ur an amazing mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies being sick is the worst! Just because you can't really do anything for them. Using saline drops and a bulb syringe worked best for Kami. And even though my husband and baby were sick, I didn't catch anything. So hopefully you won't either! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete