Saturday, June 2, 2012

whatta week.

This week seemed to start out pretty chill and fun... then just got craaaazy. It probably won't even sound that crazy... but just believe me.

Our car- big blue-  started totally breaking down on Tuesday. I don't know (anything) about cars, but I guess the transmission is giving out. The car isn't really worth repairing. Sooo we've had to decide how to make buying a new (old) car happen and all that. It's times like these when having money would sure come in handy...  And we just went on a 2 1/2 week vacation so we are extra tight. I plan on posting a little more about said vacation soon.
Anyways, we've been wanting to get a bigger car for awhile since we'll have two kiddies soon and two kiddies means a whole lot of stuff. So we (and by we I mean Josh) have been looking at a ton of cars online and calling places and figuring out our credit and how we could be approved to buy something reliable. In the meantime I had a couple appointments and Josh had work so we had to rely on friends and coworkers to help us out. That's always kinda tough, ya know? And stressful trying to find someone.

But today we got our car all purchased and whatnot so that's a load off.
(We got a minivan. Don't judge us!)

Yesterday morning Morgan woke up burning hot. He had a high fever all day yesterday, the poor guy. He was still in a pretty good mood but didn't eat and drink nearly enough. He woke up a couple times in the night and luckily Joshie is awesome and stayed up with him. Today he was a little bit more of a mess, just being so tired and weak and that fever would not break so I decided to take him in. We couldn't get in until 5 but I'm glad we took him in. (We were SO bummed to miss our friends birthday party for their sweet little girl today though. We had been looking forward to it all week!) The doctor said his throat wasn't looking good at all. He has sores in the back of his throat so that's why eating and drinking is really hard for him. Thankfully we got him the meds he needed right after, and his horrible fever was gone in a couple hours. Yay medicine!

Does anyone else get as stressed as I do at a sick child? Especially when they don't eat and drink?

Also the last couple weeks Josh and I have been talking about moving when our lease ends in a couple months. Our place has served us well for the most part, but I really feel like it's part of the reason we get sick so often. The windows are hoooorrible. The screens are all bent up and have of them don't stay on the windows. Mold grows around them because a lot of moisture gets in. Ew. The oven is falling a part. No A/C. The caulking around the tub is all coming apart and I'm sure there's mold in there. I'll force myself to stop there- there are a lot of things not up to par. And we are finding for just a little bit more we can get a way nicer place. And if we move closer to Josh's work, the gas money we would save would make up the difference.
Aaaanyways the car thing sucked because I was thinking we might not be able to move and my heart is so set on it. I think we'll still try to work it out though...

I know this is too much type and not enough pictures, right?

I gotta throw in some goobness.

He's been obsessed with opening and closing doors for a few months now, and now he knows that keys go in door knobs and can aaalmost reach. 

The boy LOVES boxes. What kid doesn't?

Outside in his jammies getting sad because he can't get to his cars on the other side of the window. 

This pretty much sums up his relationship with plants. He's intrigued but kind of freaked out by touching things like bushes for some reason. 

I love the boy. I sure hope he's feeling better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment