Monday, April 2, 2012

People Who Get It


A lot of quotes and sayings out there I think are lame.

But these ones aren't. They are so good. 

I enjoy finding quotes that resonate with me and inspire me to be better and just ring true. That sounds cheesy!... but it's true. 

Growing up I was never that into quotes... like at all- but I guess as I get older I have more and more convictions about life and what it's all about. 
I feel like some people get what life is all about, and some don't. 

Marjorie Hinckley and C.S. Lewis get it fo sho. 




I love every part of this. 



<Sorry about the weird format of this one>


                                          Am I right?!



Marjorie Pay Hinckley - “I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”


Love this. We are all so obsessed with looking good and those dang material things. Its ok to want to look nice and want nice things.. but it's better to be focused on those small but so much more important things. That's what matters in the end. I sure need to work on this mentality. 



I like this because it help me keep that ultra-important eternal perspective. 



Good stuff.


                              





No comments:

Post a Comment