Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dindin

Ok, so overall during this pregnancy I havent done great at making dinner every night. But these last couple of weeks I've made it a goal and I've done pretty darn good.
I always like knowing what people have for dinner (is that wierd?) ... so... I figure you totally want to know what I've been making... right?
Maybe not, I'm tellin' ya anyways! It's such good stuff.

Some faves were:

Chedder Baked Chicken. The breading on this was so good and the chicken turned out moist and delicious. I get annoyed with baked breaded chicken because the breading usually slides off so easily, but I liked the three step breading process- I think when you dip it into a flour mixture first instead of a wet misture first it stays on better. I don't know, I'm no expert but that's what it seems like.

Tuna Patties. Yum. Cheap, easy, and delicious- very good things. I served them with mac & cheese and a salad.

Swedish Meatballs in Sour Cream Dill Sauce. Mmm. So good. Pretty easy too. They were somewhat reminiscent of the IKEA meatballs, which was what I was hoping. I need to get some of those lingonberries they have there. I served with homemade mashed potatoes.

Turkey Chili. This has definitely become a classic here. It's best when it simmers for a couple hours and gets nice and thick. I actually usually put in less meat and double the beans- one can mashed and one can not.I like to serve the leftovers the next day with baked potatoes.

And my VERY favorite:

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. I was so amazed by this. Josh and I looooove Indian food. I've always wanted to make some ligit tasting Indian food and this recipe is IT. Mmm. Definitley satisfies that crazing. I wouldn't stray from the recipe one bit. You might be a little leery about authentic tasting Indian food in a slow cooker but this lady knows how to do it. I promise it will remind you of your favorite Indian restaurant.
I made the yellow basmati rice that she mentions on the recipe and some homemade naan. I grilled the naan on an open george foreman grill.
Her blog is FAVORITE food blog. I've made other good stuff from it as well.
Seriously, check it out. http://www.mealplanning101.com/.

Anyways, here's Indian yumminess. Indian food isn't the greatest for being aesthetically pleasing, but you get the delicious idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment