Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh, Life. Why are you so good to me?

This evening I had the rare and exciting opportunity to hang out with Josh without the boy. We went on a REAL date. We totally splurged for dinner and went to Chef's Table. It had been a long time coming- note Josh's post awhile ago asking me on the date. Well this was the one. I've always wanted to go to Chef's Table, just to experience it- it's the nicest restaurant in town. It truly did not disappoint. It was sooooo good. The butternut bisque was literally like eating... joy. Yes. Is it wrong that delicious food makes me so happy? It was inspiring- It made me want to amp up my culinary skills and not opt for throwing meat and cream of something soup in the crockpot so often. Not that there's anything wrong with that. There's just so much more RIGHT about fresh ingredients cooked in a lovely way.
After dinner we went to a movie- Super 8. I had heard a lot of people say it was like The Goonies and E.T. mixed. They are both saweeeet movies so I was excited to see this one. In my head, it was about an adventurous group of boys befriending an endearing, misunderstood little alien. I guess it was like that in a way, but that alien thing was caraaaazy. It was way more action packed than anticipated. Which was fine, just unexpected. (I really enjoyed it though- GREAT movie) I did feel like it got pretty scary at times though. Which brings me to something else I wanted to talk about-
I've talked about this with some people, but ever since becoming a mom, I am SO much more sensitive to things- good and bad. I get more emotional at spiritual and inspiring things, and can't handle things like violence- or even suspense as much. Do any of your moms get super reactive and "into" movies? Making comments like "No!" "What is he doing?" "Oh my gosh". My siblings and I would always make fun of my mom for doing that :). (Love you mom!). But I'm 7 months into being a mom and my reactiveness has already begun, so I guess I'm pretty much doomed... Oh well. Sorry future kids (and husband). But it's not just movies that I'm more emotionally reactive to, it's just life. It's like I just FEEL more. I think it's because being a mom just has added so much more meaning (to an already meaningful life). You can just feel more about how special and divine life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment